Friday, September 21, 2012

Remarking on faces on Mass Street




This has been said before
but I frequently see remarkable faces.

Yet I feel it bears repeating.
Two such faces just walked by the bench where I sit.

I’m afraid I don’t have the ability to do justice to all these faces.

Earlier, there was this astonishingly beautiful face of a young woman,
the wind cunningly blowing wisps of her straight dark hair
across her face as she tried to talk on her phone.

But her’s is not the face I would have you focus on –
it will be easily noticed without my help.

There was an older man sitting on a bench farther down the street,
a soft smile, the sun on his pale scalp, only wisps remaining…

But oh, there are so many other remarkable faces, but never mind.
There’s no use my writing yet more words that will likely be overlooked.

See these remarkable faces for yourself, if you will.

This round-face boy with a sippy cup just stumbled by
in the company of two more remarkable faces.

I probably only have this one chance to see them. 

No comments: