Thursday, June 12, 2014

+1





On a sunny day in June, puffy white clouds billowing overhead, I walked toward the gazebo in South Park. Partway up the sidewalk stood of group of guys in handsome charcoal tuxedos holding loosely an equal number of young women in beautiful satiny rose dresses. I walked behind the waiting group.

In front of me, the photographer was posing the groom and his bride in stunning white. I looked over her smooth bare shoulders and her perfectly coifed black hair as the photographer backed slowly away. I paused and turned, a ruddy-faced, overweight, older man in baggy pants and a straw hat. I smiled broadly and lifted my chin just a titch to the left as the photographer lifted her camera. 

I ducked out before they said ‘I do’ but I’m sure it was a beautiful wedding.

No comments: