Thursday, June 26, 2014

A walk to the river - mindless




On my walk to the river, sometimes the question I should ask myself is what did I not see. It is so easy to have your mind full of wandering thoughts that the outside world can find no way in. It’s as if that wavelength of light just bounced off my eye and right back into the river. Sometimes I see just enough of that flowing river to think, when I get home, that I might have been there.

Mindless or mindful, the words just spin. In mind. On my mind. Out of mind. Open mind. If only to give yourself the chance to be aware of what will matter to you.

And sometimes it’s you I’m thinking of when I walk to the river. Tomorrow it may be the other way around. I mean, that I will think of the river, silly little riffle. Or maybe you will indeed be thinking of me.

Let’s be clear. Some days when I walk to the river, my thoughts are little more than nonsense. A mind full of mindless nonsense.

Either way, I walk. The river does what rivers do.

No comments: