Thursday, November 6, 2014

My imagined love


I was walking down the sidewalk,
when I heard a woman’s voice,
she was riding up close behind me,
and then this is what she said:

‘On your right,’ her voice was soft,
and I stepped a half step left,
and just as she passed,
I said to her, ‘you’re all right.’

And then I saw her glance at me,
from behind her dark sunglasses
and then this is what she said to me,
‘You’re fine,’ I saw her sweet lips move.

And then she was away
as she became my new true love.
And now, and alas, then
she peddled out of my life...

Forever is such a short time,
but I couldn’t have loved her more,
had that single, tender moment
turned into aching year-long looks.

She was surely more than alright to me,
And as she told me from her bicycle seat,

I was fine to her.

No comments: