Thursday, May 28, 2015

Not long enough



As I was going into the library,
I saw a girl in a black T-shirt.
I didn’t read what was
printed on it.
It was a little long –
for a T-shirt.

Her jean shorts were cut off
near the knees –
also a little long for shorts–
but her royal purple leggings
extended to her ankles –
need I point out that they
were longer than her shorts?

Her blond hair was braided
into two tied pig-tails –
not too long.
Actually, quite short.

And strung over her shoulder
and hanging long down onto one hip
rested what appeared to be
a cloth turtle passing for a purse
with a long tail –
for a turtle.

The girl was laughing with her friends.

When I came out of the library,
she was gone.
I think I should have perhaps stopped
to tie my long shoe laces before
I went into the library.
I then might have not have tripped over
my short span of attention.

I could have just sat on a bench
near the library door,
five minutes would not have been
too long to see what I might have seen.


1 comment:

Trix said...

cool chairs. would have, could have. at least you noticed her the first time through.