Thursday, June 30, 2016

If it wasn't for Emily



This is a kind of podcast. That is, if you are interested, you can follow this link to YouTube and listen to about ten minutes of a recording of a few of my collected thoughts on the meaning of life while you make a sandwich or something. In the old days, we would have just sat together under the stars, maybe with something to drink. These days are still quite new but Google hasn’t answered all of my questions. Comments are appreciated.


Credits:
Emily – for the question
Steven Wright – for the non sequiturs
Copernicus – for the observations and doing the math
Paul Simon – for 'I know what I know' and other good songs
Douglas Adams – for making fun of Life, the Universe, and Everything
Wendell Berry – for saying this:  “Praise ignorance. For what man has not encountered he has not destroyed.” 
Guttenberg – the Apple of his day
Paper
The oral tradition
Ginny, Sidra, Erin, Dawn and Evelyn (my mom) – for their respective generations of women
And countless baristas - and all of the other women who have smiled at me – fortuitously
Men – for a few extras
The earth
And Google

Some Mystery is involved

No comments: