Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wobble in the walk





Did you ever go clear?

I’m just sitting here in the shade, an occasional breeze, people walking by, wondering if I could just stop trying to figure everything out.

I got two hands for everything – the one hand and the other - but I want an answer that is simple. I want to be easy in my mind.

Let’s go with song lyrics, Mr. Simon. When something goes right, I’m the first one to admit it, and the last one to know.

Mindfulness. Just let the thoughts come to you. Look at reality, the people on the sidewalk, the baby in the buggy. One thing at a time. Or two.

Two young men crossing the street. Why should one, hands in his pocket, be laughing and talking at the same time?

It’s a crazy world. Boy walks down the street, got a short span of attention.

But surely I would not be convicted of jury of my peers.

Kid with the orange shoes, black swoosh. He’s got a wobble in his walk. Sounds vaguely familiar. I mean the line. But I don’t recall that line. Doesn’t really matter. I’ve been using words I picked up from other people for years.

But I’m just sitting here in the shade, an occasional breeze, people walking by.

It all begins to sound like a song to me now.

I guess I don’t have to put it all together.

But I wonder whatever happened to the guy with the lime green T-shirt, the orange shoes, who walked with the wobble in his walk as he laughed and talked at the same time.

2 comments:

dawnmarie said...

I like that you are working on not having to "put it all together", especially as I think of you as the "Why guy".

Enjoyed the poem....

Bert Haverkate-Ens said...

I don't think I ask why more than half the time, do I? Why don't more people ask 'why?' bert